American Firearms Training is an organization dedicated to advocacy for safe and responsible firearms use. We believe that the right to protect one's self is a fundamental one.
Who we are:
Members of AFT family have spoken across the country on topics including firearm accident prevention, self defense, gun and caliber selection for the novice, responsible changes to gun laws, firearms as a civil right, and children's gun safety. Our corporate headquarters is located in Harrisonburg, a small town in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
What we do:
The company’s goals are multiple;
1. To provide nonpartisan, logical advice to legislators on the topics of firearms and their use.
2. To assist law enforcement with the development of standards for the training of civilians under their protection in the safe use and possession of firearms.
3. To provide high quality, web-based firearms training to the citizens of every state, free of charge, in an effort to reduce firearms accidents.
4. To provide certification courses for various state and local permits related to firearms safety and use.
5. To advocate for the right of the individual to defend themselves and their loved ones with safely owned and used firearms.
AFT's current flagship course offering is Introduction to Pistol Safety, a course that teaches the fundamentals of pistol safety, and qualifies students to apply for a concealed carry permit in many states.
The company was founded in 2009 by Eric Korn, a lifelong firearms safety advocate and hunter.
AFT in the news:
How we do it:
In order to spread the word about firearms safety, AFT provides gun safety courses free of charge to citizens of every state and territory in the US. To date, we can proudly say that we have given away over ten thousand courses, and are looking forward to giving away a hundred thousand more. We are also dedicated to sponsoring our local law enforcement SWAT operatives, and have recently done so at the World Police and Fire Games in Fairfax, Virginia.
If you have questions about our course, feel free to email us at email@example.com, or call the helpline at (540) 288-4262 between 8am and 6pm EST, M-F. A member of our staff will be available to help you, or will return your call as soon as possible.